Solar Made Simple
An instant estimate for your solar panel installation
featured in and supported by:
Switching to solar has never been easier
At Solar AI, you get a free solar savings assessment instantly – because we believe that getting solar should be:
- The best deal on the market
Carefree solar at zero upfront cost
Guaranteed savings. Maintenance fully covered. Risk-free.
Save with Solar-as-a-Service plans and we’ll care for all your solar system needs.
What our customers say
"Solar AI and its partners did a great job to get me started on solar energy. They were friendly, transparent and diligent. The Rent-to-Own program was key to my decision to take on this venture. It provided a reasonable cost to own a solar energy system. The contracts were well explained and the quality of work was great!"
– Richard Wong, a happy solar owner
Ask us anything
Have any questions about solar?
Don’t hesitate to reach out to us!
A first-of-its-kind in Singapore, in the Rent-to-own solar offer we install and manage the rooftop solar system on your behalf at zero upfront costs, and in return charge you a fixed monthly fee which is expected to be lower in total than your original electricity bill. So you get to save with solar from day one, 100% carefree.
At the end of the Rent-to-own contract, the solar system converts to your ownership at no additional costs, giving you essentially risk-free solar.
The cost of installation will vary based on several factors. The most important being the number of solar panels being installed. The cost of a solar installation in Singapore ranges from S$10,000 to S$50,000. That said, a good estimate will be S$20,000 as most residential solar panel systems are around 10 kWp (S$2,000/kWp). Besides the number of solar panels installed, roof material, orientation and complexity are other factors that can affect installation costs.
Before you begin, do ensure that you have conducted a site visit with your selected solar installer and agreed on a finalised solar design and installation contract.
The following are the steps involved in a solar panel installation in Singapore.
- If required, scaffolding will be set up to access your rooftop
- Solar panels and inverters will be delivered to your property, and you will need to provide safe storage for the equipment before installation works begin
- Mounting frames for the solar panels will first be placed on your roof. On metal roofs, these are usually attached directly without any penetration. For tiled roofs, roof tiles will be removed temporarily in order to secure the mounting frame before they are returned to their original location.
- Once the solar panels are fixed onto the mounting frames, the panels are then wired to a solar inverter
- The solar inverter is then connected to your property’s distribution board, which is also connected to a meter and to the electric grid
- Finally, solar installers will conduct testing and quality assurance, as well as handle any required paperwork for the solar panel system
In Singapore, proper licensing is also required to set up a solar panel installation, as well as registration with SP Services. Let us help you get in touch with qualified solar installers that will assist you with your solar panel installation.
Yes! You will be able to enjoy rebates by SP Group for the export of excess solar energy generated by your solar system. Homeowners who are with SP Services will be paid at the standard electricity tariff rate minus grid charges (~25% of the cost of electricity) which would be around S$0.23/kWh in Q4 2022, where retail electricity tariff is S$0.2974/kWh. Homeowners contracted with an Open Electricity Market (OEM) retailer will be compensated at the Wholesale Uniform Singapore Energy Price (USEP). USEP rates are determined half-hourly and fluctuate widely but across the first half of 2022 has averaged S$0.3238/kWh.